Thread: Medication Review: Venlafaxine

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    i have been on venalfaxine now for over two years and it seems to be the best for me although it took me a very long time to get the dosage right and the form (it comes in a quick release and slow release) and the time of day i take it. but i permitted and i am now glad i am on it. i was on this about 11 yrs ago i remember it being horrible coming off it and i really didn't want to take it again but my psych convinced me that as long as i reduce the dose very very slowly at the right time then i will be ok. i am now taking 225mg of XL. when i was at my worse i was on 375mg. so i am pleased with my progress of reducing it. i have only been able to reduce by 37.5mg every few months and sometimes the psych doesn't let me reduce for ages. it is very difficult to come off but without having been on it in the first place i dread to think the state i would be in now. i think fatigue seems to be a very common side effect amongst us all. this is my main one but at least i don't suffer the horrific brain zaps as much now as a few months back which were really bothersome.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to shine For This Useful Post:

sidiam (24-11-13)