Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tablet reminders

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Eildon
    I'm usually good at taking regular meds as have done for many years. My struggle is renewing prescriptions, which I've never got into the proper habit of doing, even though it's actually really easy. With my thyroxine, this then affects my depression and a negative cycle starts.

I take 30 pills a day, and have managed to find a pill tray that fits them all, Elizabeth.

I have one too! It was brilliant when we went away so I didn't have to take all my boxes with me..
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

JonoClouds
    Hello Everyone

I saw a tip further back in this thread suggesting the use of a phone app to remind about meds.

I have an Android phone and it was instantly obvious on the Google Play Store that there are dozens of reminder apps, some free, others with a price.
    I looked through the list and tried several free ones. The winner was Dosecast. It's free and reasonably small (my phone is an entry-level HTC with rather limited memory). It was easy to set up with my meds and you can choose any sound you like for the reminder chime.
    I have no connection with this app's publisher, I just wanted to tell you that I found an app that works well for me and might suit you too.

Cheers - Jono

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JonoClouds For This Useful Post:

Paula (28-08-13),Suzi (28-08-13)

EJ
    It is the shape and size of the tablets that is the problem. Lithium and mirtazapine look the same. I don't want to overdose on mirtazapine. I just have to be on the ball when I take my meds.The lozenge shape mirtazapine are the best and are larger than the lozenge shape mirtazapine. I just have to be on the ball when I take my meds.

That's why I sort mine out each week in my special pill box which has 4 compartments which mean I can sort them all out morning, lunch, evening and night. I do it day by day..

EJ
    I have run out of my breathing tablet so hopefully will not have any nasty side effects until I can get some more.

Can you not get some more from an out of hours Dr?

EJ
    I think it will be ok not like stopping anti ds abruptly.

Make sure that if you do need them then you can get them lovely..