Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Distraction Techniques

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    DaveB
    I've recently taken up fishing (7 months ago) and have found it soooooo theraputic. I find it clears my mind completely of crap, and even when my concentration is akin to that of a gnat I can concentrate on fishing as it's so involving. The other big plus is it gets me outdoors, which is good in the dark winter months as I get to experience much more daylight than I otherwise would with the resulting benefits to health and happiness. I only wish I'd done it years ago, especially as I live on a narrowboat!

graffiti-jo
    i find that talking and interaction with people can help,and also going somewhere busy,such as the gym etc etc and getting an endorphin high.But then again,sometimes a good ol cry can help too!!

jsaomney
    Keeping myself around positive people, knitting, planning for the summer holidays

Crouching Hitwoman, Hidden Tea Lady amaeru's Avatar
    I love lolcats - I oftwn have difficulty concentrating to read when depressed .... on the other hand as a general rule of thumb my solution to almost any problem for as long as I can remember has been 'buy a book'
    As you might imagine... I've got a lot of books
    x

5. The Following User Says Thank You to amaeru For This Useful Post:

Paula (09-02-14)

I have an iPad and follow a site called freedigitalreads.com. Every few days it sends you a list and links to free books in the Amazon kindle store. I now have thousands of books I've yet to read ......

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Suzi (09-02-14)

jsaomney
    this 'time to talk' campaign is right in saying that a cup of tea and a chat can be lifesaving. i was feeling terrible yesterday and was awake until 7 this morning but then my bro came over and we had a cuppa and I'm feeling really good now i don't even feel bad that i have to go to work for 6 hours which was unthinkable not long ago. sending big hugs and good vibes to all of you. much love

Westin
    I really like going to the gym. Working out with my music really distracts me and helps keep my anxiety at bay.
    I used to be a runner. Now I just like going for walks by my local trail.
    I love to drive around on warm summer nights in the country.
    I journal and try and write creatively, whether it be short stories or poetry. It's hard to get into a good book for me.
    I wish I could do more volunteering. Last year I tutored kids which was really rewarding.

autumngirl
    Dont log in to facebook. Play games instead.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to autumngirl For This Useful Post:

Amaya (17-09-14)

So right.

daydreamer
    Hello, all. I'm new here and thought I'd share some of my favourite distractions. Mine are running, (I did couch to 5k this year and it has helped me enormously. The only trouble is it's hard to go when the weather is as rainy as it is at the moment!), photography (particularly nature photography when I'm very stressed/down), stroking my pet hamster (he's adorable) and listening to audio books. I love the website booksshouldbefree.com. It has lots of the classics for free. I'm currently listening to Jane Eyre. I'm getting a Kindle soon too, which I think will also be a great distraction! Oh, and occasionally, I love to bake cakes too.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to daydreamer For This Useful Post:

Paula (14-10-14)