Thread: Distraction Techniques

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    redsky
    im ok in the garden, but thats as far as i can get x

2. The Following User Says Thank You to redsky For This Useful Post:

Suzi (06-10-12)

moakley64
    Then start there. Make that your outside "happy place". I also am without friends. Alas, my problem is that I have pushed most of them away. If you like to garden, go on Pintrest. You can find things for your garden, things to do in your garden, and things that you may never do, but that can be your "fantasy garden". Baby steps! I live in the US in Illinois. We had a Super Walmart open and the first time I went there I had a massive panic attack and had to leave. Since it's open 24 hours a day, I try to go very early in the morning or late at night. Never on the weekend. I also do the same when I shop for groceries. "Happy places" can be anywhere or anything. Your snakes are your happy place. One of my happy places is a gas station that has a cappuccino machine. It has my favorite flavor. Over the years, I have lost a lot of my happy places (distractions). I used to love to read. That's gone. There are a ton of other things that are gone, so I try to find other little things that can be a new "happy place".