Thread: Distraction Techniques

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mummyhill
    Craft activities or phoning a friend if I am home alone and feeling vulnerable.
    Quote Originally Posted by M
    i've started downloading free podcasts from radio 4 . If I wake up early in the morning I can just put it on and it helps drown out all the crap buzzing around in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiden
    Photography is the only thing that seems to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarryForrows
    I read books, I always bring books with me whenever I go, it helped me a lot I also bring my mp3 player it can be very handy if I don't have my books with me, and on weekends I do mindful meditation for 30 minutes and also I do yoga to help me relax.
    Quote Originally Posted by Contention
    I take my iPod, my phone and a book wherever I go. When I'm at home, I tend to kill a lot of time on the Internet, playing online games, or I watch DVDs to distract myself from my thoughts.
    Quote Originally Posted by PGChimp
    Doing a crossword is really great as I get a sense of achievement from doing it and it's some time when she can't criticise me.
    iPods are great too but you have to spend some time engaging with people, but it is really great for ensuring that you have no distractions for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spi
    Singing. It really works.
    Quote Originally Posted by James
    I loved my ipod but I dropped it last week and it's broken, can't tell you how upset I was with that.
    I have got 350ish episodes of 'I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue' on mp3 I listen to which helps but I'm really getting through them at the moment.
    I have been researching a friends family tree for a couple of weeks which helps but I've finished it now.
    I have got in to the habit of taking a book in to work as well as my PSP to try to keep occupied, work is so boring though they don't have much impact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellagio1
    Cross stitching, films, books, writing letters to friends (long letters), looking through photo albums. Also sad to say but cleaning... the sense of achievement after and knowing for example you have a very clean bed to get in at night.

Please guys, do lets add some more!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Aspasia For This Useful Post:

Suzi (02-03-12)