Wow wow wow! What an incredible experience. I’ve supported Tottenham for 40 years and never been to our home ground. The idea of being at a PL match with 60,000 loud and energetic people is more than a little intimidating. Add in the costs and travelling it’s not been possible for me before. Some of you may remember from last year I set myself a huge challenge to attend 3 major sports events, the Women’s Euros, Commonwealth Games and volunteered at the Rugby League World Cup. It wasn’t easy but it was definitely the best thing I have ever done.

A couple of months ago I planned a trip to Tottenham. Remember talking to my therapist at the time about how the people here would tell me off a bit for my “all or nothing” approach which often leads to me taking on too much and suffering afterwards. Yeah, may not have been around but DWD was always in my heart. Anyway, when it came time to commit I completely freaked out and bottled it. A long train journey alone to a place I’m not familiar with and my first time on the underground…I just couldn’t do it. I thought I’d missed my change but then a couple of weeks ago I saw a tweet that the Brighton game had been switched from the women’s usual ground and would be played at Tottenham Hotspur stadium. I had a second chance and was about to find an alternative way to make it happen. Managed to arrange parking at the stadium so I could drive down. I found somebody to go with me so I had company and support.

My first sight of the stadium I was in awe. The place is HUGE! Never seen anything like it. Even the club shop is the size of a department store. It was unreal. I’d purchased premium seats which at £19 was a bargain. The same seats for a PL game would cost £430 more!!!! As well as padded seats we had access to the premium bar and lounge. The facilities were so impressive it was easy to forget you were at a football match. Michelin star food available in the restaurant area and even the “takeaway” food was awesome. Never been to a footy match where a buttermilk chicken burger which maple bacon, spicy coleslaw and potato wedges was on the menu and it was to die for.

Brighton went ahead twice but Beth England pulled it back both times before being substituted. The game ended 2-2 but the result didn’t matter. I got to wear my spurs shirt in our home stadium and watch a game. I loved it. I know most of you guys aren’t into sport but this was a dream come true for me.

I bought my first ever season ticket for Worcester Warriors, by local Rugby Union team. 3 games in the team folded for due to financial issues. Pretty much sums up my luck. That’s when I decided to go to WSL (women’s super league) matches instead. Aston Villa are the nearest top flight team for me and at Christmas I treated myself to a half season ticket which at £45 for 6-7 games was a bargain. A couple of weeks ago I even went to my first game alone. An FA Cup semifinal which included a nightmare train journey but I did it.