It was interesting in so many ways. I was 5 mins late due to a clothing malfunction. Basically I can’t dress myself in a rush. Jason was a difficult person to get on with at times and much like myself his humour was often misunderstood and his bluntness rarely appreciated but what do you expect from an Aspie? The turn out was impressive taking those things into consideration. About 10 of us from Aspie were there and a lot of his friends from church. His parents live in Scotland and were too frail to travel which is a shame but his kids were there his fiancée and his brother. Despite his complicated relationship with his ex wife and kids which was mentioned repeatedly (not sure that was necessary) there were some lovely words spoken and generally the service for rather upbeat and probably the cheeriest I’d ever attended which was really nice.

It got me thinking, with him being such a complex character and having the same super power as me (can piss anyone off without effort or understanding how) and he had so many people attend and give him a great send off, I wonder how many people that I knew would bother to attend my funeral when I go. I can’t imagine many would make the effort to travel or take time out to say their goodbyes or good riddance.