I think my problem is that I see so many people so much worse of that me and to put myself in the same category as them feels wrong. Because none of my issues mean I can’t do things at all, some days I am capable others not so much. I know technically I am disabled by the legal definition Paula has given because I wouldn’t have the supports in place that I have but society sees things differently. The classic parking in a disabled bay and walking away from the car you get frowned at. Being autistic by level of support needs are quite small compared to others and I come across as a reasonably intelligent person and my social and communication issues are not obvious. Plus having survived most of my life unaware of my condition suggests I can cope just fine. So when it comes to completing application forms or other general paperwork I don’t feel that I should declare myself disabled. That’s just me, as I said I understand I fit the the legal criteria but I don’t like to tick the box unless there is a specific need for accommodations required.