Thread: Finding the right drug

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi and welcome to DWD. I wish I could give you an answer you wanna hear but medication is pretty much trial and error. What works for one person may not work for another. It actually took me several years to find a medication which helped and then a combination that keeps me relatively stable but I got there in the end. Of course medication doesn’t fix everything. It simply puts you in a position to be able to help yourself and that takes time too. I’ve not used Silver Cloud myself but I gave tried other CBT based self help and it didn’t work out for me either, it’s not a failure it’s just not right for you at this point in time. You can always go back and try it again at a later date. Maybe 1:1 or group therapy would be a better approach for you. The right meds coupled with the right therapist at the right time is the best chance for success and the right time being just as important the other two. You need to be in the right place to engage with therapy and help yourself out of the hole you’re in and you don’t have to No that alone. This forum has been a lifeline for me, having a safe place to informally talk about my worries with people who understand and listen without judgement, cos we all have our own struggles.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

Paula (29-04-22)