Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Fed up of struggling *AB triggers*

What do you do to get to sleep? Have you tried meditation, such as Headspace or Calm?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Yeh, I've got headspace now. Didn't really find it worked. I suppose it doesn't help that along with everything else, my 5 and 6 year olds aren't well at the mo. Was giving my 5 year old calpol at 3am

With things like headspace, it can take practice to really benefit. How often do you use it?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I haven't been using it long at all. I'll try stick with it

There is no quick fix and you need to continue with therapeutic tools you’ve learned in order to benefit from them and meditation is the same.

Poorly children always messes up sleep. Hope that they are much brighter today.
    Can you try to get a nap in during the day?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

No chance of that. They are just letting me have a chilled day and lay on the sofa, whilst they play. I've just called Healthy Minds again and they say I'm approached top of the list for CBT and that'll it'll be 4-6 weeks...possibly sooner. Is that going to be the same as trauma therapy? I don't even know?

No CBT is not trauma therapy. Here’s a link for Mind’s factsheet on CBT. 4-6 weeks is not a long wait atm, hunni

I asked if it was trauma therapist I'd be seeing and got this response
    "Hi Lisa

Regarding your question, please be assured that all the CBT therapists with Healthy Minds are trained to treat symptoms indicative of PTSD as well as depression and a range of anxiety disorders. Once you start treatment, you can discuss your goals and aims for therapy with your therapist.

I hope this answers your question"

I wasn't sure on healthy minds the other day but they've been pretty responsive/quick at getting back to me via email. So think I'll just be seeing it through with them now

It's good that you are at the top of the list... Definitely stick with it to give it a good go, you can always get referred for a next stage after this...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!