Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Fed up of struggling *AB triggers*

He just doesn't. He thinks they're a waste of time. I managed to speak to my Dr, he doesn't want to increase my dose yet. He's told me to get myself put more, meditation and to look for some kind of job....then ring back in a month. Don't think I liked him �� spent a lot of time talking about himself

A job? When was the last time you worked?

If you disagree with him, would you get an appointment with another doctor?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I've been a stay at home mum since Jan 2017. My youngest goes to school full time in Sept, so I'll be looking for a job then. I've also been in touch with Healthy Minds this morning as the Dr told me to chase them up and now they're saying they don't even have a record of me

Well done for talking to him, I agree with Paula, could you speak to someone different? Were you able to tell him how badly you are being affected on a day to day basis with your MH?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I'll try ask to speak to someone else next time. I didn't really feel able to talk about how I feel properly because my other half kept coming in and out of the bedroom, whilst I was on phone

Could you not tell your OH that you don't want him coming in when you are on the phone to your Dr?

I just don't want all the questions he'd be asking. He just wouldn't let it go �� I was starting to feel more positive about things, once I started talking to my GP/referred to Healthy Minds but feel like I'm going backwards after today. I'm so fed up

Why you do think you're going backwards?

I'm asking for help but it seems like whatever I try, there are waiting lists, no spaces, nothing in my area. Just feel like I'm going back to how I was feeling before I even started the medication

There are waiting lists all over the country.... When did you last have a medication review?