Thread: It's back again **SH SU Triggers**

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I’m personally all for meds as I wouldn’t be here without them but I appreciate not everybody is a fan. Out of interest, do you remember which ones you’ve tried and for how long?

However, medication isn’t the only treatment available. Have you had or would you consider therapy (eg. CBT) or counselling as these can be very effective treatments?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

RubberSoul
    Hi, thanks for getting back. I sometimes find it difficult to post or reply.

I was on meds some years ago, I had sertraline, and tried 1 or 2 others (cant recall the names). I used to get horrific and realistic nightmares, about me or my family, so sleep gave me no escape. Others made me want to, and actually SH. As a side note, I think its strange that depression doesn't exist in my dreams.

I have tried CBT, and general talking therapies to not much avail. I honestly think living alone for more years than I care to remember has done the most damage. I feel I need the actual day to day company of a loved one, then maybe from there I could begin to deal with the crushing depression and anxiety.

Its good the meds worked for you

I saw a documentary on Netflix 'Magic Medicine' which was really interesting. But anyway I'd still be alone.