Thread: So low. Don't know what to do...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hey Paula.

Thanks for the input. Wow that spiral of shame diagram absolutely encapsulates a lot of my cyclical depressive thinking pattern. So true the steps involved, like a champagne waterfall. I've had that kind of self talk for years. It definitely entrenches low self esteem. Negative selection of events and experiences then ruminate on.

You're correct about the vicious circle of social withdrawal when low, it is a self enforcing cycle but, as you said, a classic depressive behavioural response.

Denying one's emotions, good, bad or indifferent is expunged the essence of our humanity. I've always been very sensitive since a boy, my mother was too. It can be a burden to bear. Society also has toxic masculinity for men thinking we're robots or just cannot show vulnerability. Again, that's denying the truth of one's humanity and in my opinion shows strength.

Tough day again today. Had a mood breakdown this evening, brewing all day. Used a helpline to chat and seeing GP tomorrow for some treatment intervention.

Had an emotional release on the helpline and feel a bit calmer now. Also took my anti anxiety pill. Might try pregablin. Did you mention it on another post? Is it effective?

My private insurer doesn't cover psych help anymore so I'll look for other means.

Be well all

Xx

I’m on pregabalin as well- for pain predominantly but it does have an impact on my anxiety. I don’t have the side effects to the same extent as Suzi though. It’s like any medication, I suppose, you have to weigh up whether the possibility of any side effects is worth the positive effect it might have.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Mattypompy (18-01-22),Suzi (18-01-22)