Thread: I've been referred to the mental health team

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Mental health assessment on monday

I can't stop thinking about it! About what questions I'm going to have to answer / How open I'm going to have to be with them and I'm finding the thought of it scary because once I've said things, they can't be taken back. I'm worried about my friends and family finding out....worried they'll get social services involved....worried I won't be believed about anything because I'm still in contact with my brothers....I'm just scared about it. Scared of getting a diagnosis

Hunni, I’ve moved your post into your previous thread as it follows on, and so allows others to see the history to it itms

Love, I know this is scary - it’s the unknown. But the assessment is just that so you won’t need to go into too much detail at this stage. They’ll then talk with you about next steps. Remember, it’s a collaborative process and you won’t be pushed any further than you can cope with

Your friends and family won’t find out you’re having this assessment unless you tell them. Why are you worried social services will be involved? As for a diagnosis, again that’s unlikely to happen at assessment stage but if and when you do, it’s a good thing as it’ll allow your team to work out what’s the best way they can help you
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.