Thread: Enough is enough, I'm emotionally trapped

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I cannot deal with this anymore. How can a person intentionally be so vile and nasty to a brother who has only offered help and support.

When am I such a stupid fool to a) be so upset and sad about it and b) keep re-engaging with her thinking things will change.

My sister has really upset me again. I've had tears tonight and fleeting suicidal ideation.

This is what happened. She bumped into a French guy I've talked to before, in the pub near hers on Friday.

I had been talking to her via email, supporting her with her health and a injury claim all week..

I'd had an argument with this guy when we were both drinking. Over how I pronounced his name. We were both rude to each other.

This guy lied to her that I was xenophobic and homophobic and she believed him. A total stranger.

She sent 4 emails when she was drunk. 1st accused me of being a xenophobe and homophobe. 2nd said she's smarter than me so I'd look like a dick if I was trying to gaslight her (over rejecting those vile allegations), 3rd said nobody seems to like you, not surprised you moved. I moved from my old place 9 months ago for health reasons. There's no truth to the allegations, the guy lied and is stirring I guess cuz we had an argument.

I cannot take it anymore. I have vulnerable mental health and she's emotionally abusing me. I'm so down because of it.

Oh hunni . So, how do you think you can change things?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Mattypompy (03-09-21)