I’ve been struggling for a while now with a lot of muscular pain. I’ve had lower back pain for many years and the past couple of years my neck and shoulders have given me a fair bit of trouble but it feel like my whole body hurts lately. Whenever a do a body scan I notice pain or tension all over. I’ve been suffering with my right hip area recently, like a mild sciatic pain which comes and goes and this too suggests tight glutes. Oh and you know when you try to fully relax and it hurts cos you’ve been so tense for so long...yeah that every time. I’ve been munching paracetamol like they’re smarties lately and I don’t take pain killers unless it’s unbearable normally.

Anyway I’m asking if any of you lovely people have any ideas about how I can fix this. I’m not sure which came first the pain or the tension cos when you feel pain you naturally tense up to kinda brace yourself, so have I been countering the pain and effectively making things worse or am I just really tense and listening up will make everything ok? Or maybe it’s just age related? I don’t know but I was hoping you guys had any tips for how to release the tension and ease the pain?