Thread: World Autism Awareness Day.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Sometimes I embrace who I am and I’m actually glad that I’m different. Other times I feel like such a useless waste of space. It has been good for me to recognise the reasons behind the struggles I have and accept that I simply wasn’t built to be able to do those things efficiently and it’s ok but there are still times that I hate not being able to live my life the way others do, the brilliant parents, the people with the spotless homes, even the people who understand colour co-ordination I can become jealous of. I do have other strengths like my perfectionist attitude and attention to detail. Unfortunately in many situations these can be detrimental too because I focus on the wrong things and take too long to carry out a tasks by needing it to be just right. Autism is both a blessing and a curse.

For every positive aspect there is a negative impact too and living with the knowledge that I am autistic is a bit of a balancing act and acceptance isn’t always easy for me but I do try.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (03-04-21)