Thread: Lent

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I've always seen this story as the promise that no matter what you do there is always space for you in Heaven... All you have to do is go back to God and say you're sorry you f*cked up and you want to try to do better...
    Interesting about the other son being lost, and sadly I've known enough Christians who claim to be full of faith but are in fact almost colouring by numbers but not actually giving anything of themselves itms?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Absolutely makes sense. I’ve met many. One nearly broke any chance I had at a faith. I was about 6 months pregnant with Jess and had gone to church with mum and dad (I wasn’t attending at that time, and wasn’t saved). He saw me after the service, took one look at me, knowing I was divorced and not yet married to Si, and said ‘I would say congratulations but, well, you know.....’. I was devastated and humiliated and it took me years to get past that - not only was his heart not right with the Lord, he almost destroyed any smallest amount of trust and faith that I had.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.