Thread: Hi, I'm new

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I’ve tried CBT several times and ACT with little to no benefit. My last therapist advised me to avoid CBT in the future as it was clearly more triggering for me than helpful. I later learned that I am on the autism spectrum and apparently CBT isn’t as successful on those with ASD so everything makes sense a bit more sense now.

Christine
    Quote Originally Posted by Stella180 View Post
    I’ve tried CBT several times and ACT with little to no benefit. My last therapist advised me to avoid CBT in the future as it was clearly more triggering for me than helpful. I later learned that I am on the autism spectrum and apparently CBT isn’t as successful on those with ASD so everything makes sense a bit more sense now.
    I know mine is hormone related and currently going through Menopause. I had 2 really bad bouts of Postnatal Depression so I suppose it follows that I wouldn't sail through. I can't take HRT for the reason that anything that messes with my hormones brings on my depression. At a point that I really don't know what to do. I can't stop the negative thoughts from coming and I feel so frustrated with myself.