Thread: Here goes (Introvert enters a big room...yikes!)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    MaryMae
    Thank you, @Jaquaia. That's very good to hear, and I'm glad you're here on the journey with me.

In this case, @Paula, I suspect that your bias might be based on very good evidence. Thank you for your kindness and for the warm welcome.

Thank you, @Suzi. I just realized that my remarks (above) might seem hostile to peers who genuinely want to support me, and that was not my intention. I welcome support of peers, and I appreciate your kindness. Indeed, suggestions to look at positives or to check the basics sound very different to me when they're offered by peers who "get it" rather than from people who have no idea what depression feels like. I trust you'll understand all of this. A million thanks for your generous words and your warm welcome.

Thank you so much, Mira. I can hear your caring and concern in your kind remarks. Yes, outside the peer community I have been frustrated by the stereotypical "helping" responses when offered by people who've never struggled with depression, but when I'm among peers, those suggestions sound different because they come from a place of true empathy, you know? I look forward to getting to know you and all of our pals on the journey, and I am grateful for your supportive presence.

@Strugglingmum yes, sometimes a reminder about taking a walk and getting fresh air is exactly the right reminder! It really does make a difference when that sort of reminder is offered by someone who truly understands. And I like your focus on the "now," for of course the only place we really ever live is the present. Today I am in a place of peace, and as I'm sitting here responding to you, and to the others in this forum, I feel a sense of hope and community-wide warmth. For today, that is enormously uplifting. Thank you so much for your thoughtful response, and I look forward to continuing the sharing and caring w/you and everyone here.
    Last edited by Suzi; 24-01-21 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Merging posts, please try not to double post! :)