Thread: Hi, I'm new...I'm looking for advice

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi, lovely, and welcome. I’m going to start with some questions, if I may. Have you spoken to your doctor? Are you on any medication? What troubles are you talking about? - could these have been a trigger?Have you been able to talk to any of your friends about how you’re feeling? Why do you think your parents would be angry with you?

Hunni, I can tell you that being in a new relationship doesn’t automatically mean you won’t struggle with a low mood - and if your boyfriend understands you then talk to him. That way, he can help you. He’s probably worried for you but doesn’t yet know how to help you. And never, never feel guilty, you wouldn’t feel guilty if you broke your leg - it’s not your fault.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Austra44
    I haven't spoken to my doctor neither my family. I've got one close friend who suffers from depression and anxiety and I had a conversation with her long time ago...but she's going through a lot more than me and I don't want to be a burden for her.
    My relationship is healthy and he really loves me, but I don't feel ready to talk about it because I'm not sure what or how to tell him.
    It can be many things. I'm studying at college and it's my last year...I feel the pressure of finding a job...I don't know what I want to do next...
    I feel bad about some things I do, like procrastinating so much or not spending enough time with my family and friends