Page 8 of 72 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: Seeing no way out **SH Trigger**

Mira
    I have had that experience too. Years of being bullied. It can mess up how you see others and yourself. I still struggle with it at times.

And in copying your idols. Do you pick the things from them that you like yourself or do you pick the things that you think others will want to see?

Sorry if I am asking to many questions. If so let me know and I will tone it down.

So sorry to hear that you've mad experiences with bullying too. It's horrible and the impact is huge.
    Don't worry about asking questions, I'm totally fine with that. To answer it, I copy or try to copy the things I appreciate or like about them, maybe in an attempt to be exactly like them.

Mira
    I was bullied a lot because I was from another country and that was an easy thing to do i guess. But it does not matter why people are being bullied. Its bad enough that it happens.

Its a shame that your self image is causing you this much trouble. There is nothing wrong with trying to copy certain things from celebs. I remember when Friends was being aired everybody wanted the Rachel haircut

But if its a band aid on a wound caused by what happened to you and a low self esteem. Then it is a shame. And it will not help in the end. Its better to tend the wound underneath the patch and make sure you find your own joy. I know its there.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mira For This Useful Post:

Flo (07-01-21),Jaquaia (06-01-21),Suzi (07-01-21)

That's really sad! I'm really sorry you had to fo through that. It's terrible that bullying still happens at schools or workplaces, it's just such a terrible thing to experience.
    It definitely isn't bad to copy certain things like hairstyles, I think many of us have been there but I think when it comes to the point where I literally want to copy every aspect is worrying me.
    ,Finding own joy and acceptance even if I'm not 100% doing exactly what they do - and still am able to enjoy them, what I can't do at the moment - then that'll be a step in thw right direction xx

I think what Mira is saying is completely spot on. I agree with you that copying things like hairstyles is fine, but when it's trying to copy everything that's when it's a definite problem.
    What kind of hobbies do you./did you have?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

It really is and whilst I've realised that myself too, it's like being addicted.
    I used to love writing and music (not anymore because it makes me sad), and I love rollerskating and swimming

What kind of thing did you write?

Why did music make you sad?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I used to write fanfiction but also a novel that was non-fiction (it was based around ballroom dancing).
    I think music makes me sad because it reminds me of happier times and the times where I could still enjoy listening to them.

What kind of fanfiction?
    Could you try different types of music which can make new memories?