Page 66 of 72 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast

Thread: Seeing no way out **SH Trigger**

That's true. The good days feel so good and I'm sad when these good days are "over" again. Am glad to have Friday and Monday off so I can go for long walks and enjoy the weather

Do you anticipate that you’re going to wake up with a ‘good’ day or a ‘bad’ day?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Hunni, no one has "good" days all the time.... It's something to remember...

I'm glad you've got time off to do things that are good for you....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I barely expect a day to be good or bad when I wake up, I allow the day to happen the way it'll happen but am carrying this bag of sadness around..
    On a good note, I went for a walk earlier too which was quite lovely!

But then if you're expecting it to be bad then it's more than likely going to be difficult... Maybe you could try getting up with a "I wonder what good things there will be today?" It sounds simple, but it isn't. But if you start off looking for the positive things then that would help you to focus on seeing all the little things that will add up to things being brighter for you? Almost like "fake it until you make it"...

That sounds like a plan although definitely difficult.. I mean it's like I'm seeing the positive things but they don't reach me at all, like I'm behind a wall. Just have to keep trying..

But the more you try to see them, the more visible they become....
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Then try keeping a diary where you try to find 3 positives a day...

Hi everyone, sorry for being so quiet for a week. I hope I didn't cause any worry. So I had my therapy session again and we worked through the issues more and more, also looking at the past and possible triggers. My therapist said that when we know the triggers, it's easier to make the worries and problems disappear because we know where they're originating from.
    The past week has been okay. I'm not feeling great though and not seeing the positives at all. Like we've got good weather and I tell myself "Oh the weather is nice, lots of sunshine and I can go for walks." but I don't feel... joy or happiness. I still am me and feel like as long as I don't feel good about being me, the positives are hard to fully accept.

Hi hunni. I get the lack of joy and happiness, the ‘flatness’ of depression. It’s a symptom that makes me feel, not me itms? But it will pass. It’s a good sign that you’re seeing it as an issue rather than just accepting it as ‘life’. And you’re still in very early days with the therapy..... Sorry to ask again but you reconsidered medication to help while going through this difficult process?