Page 63 of 72 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast

Thread: Seeing no way out **SH Trigger**

But you are lovely. You are bright, kind, interesting, intelligent, you can speak English better than a lot of natives I know, you are young and have so many options for the future.... I wish you could see you like I see you.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Butterfly (11-05-21)

That's very lovely, Suzi xx
    I think it's just difficult for me to see my own worth. I've got so many self-doubts and don't see anything good in myself. I constantly am afraid to be less good than others and compare myself A LOT and am scared that my actions will lead to bad things happening, thanks to OCD. It's all just such a big struggle daily

Could you try to believe that we believe in you?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Butterfly (11-05-21),Strugglingmum (11-05-21)

I mean I could and I'm trying and telling myself that I'm good enough and doing what I can... but it's like my mind is preventing me from believing in that. I just don't see myself as worth of anything and like whatever I'll do - I'll never be good enough and therefore I'll never be happy either. I know it's a lie because everyone has struggles and life isn't as picture-perfect as it seems on pics, Videos or stories but I just feel like... even if this all is a lie, I rather had this life than mine.

It's something we've done with lots of members. It's the can you believe that we believe that you are those things I said about you, that way you don't have to believe it yourself, just that we do. If we all believe those things about you then we can't all be wrong.......

Have you thought about when you first started to feel this way? What was going on in your life?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Butterfly (11-05-21)

Walker extraordinaire!
    Butterfly I have no magic wand, I wish I did but all I can tell you is that I have felt just as you are feeling and I couldnt believe anything good about me either.
    However, I had people here who believed good things about me and frequently reminded me of that. I worked at therapy and in learning to challenge those thoughts and eventually I started to be able to see things a bit differently. I'm still learning, it doesn't happen overnight but it starts to become easier. Hang in there and just know that even though you cant see any good, we do. If you cant believe in you, believe in us and what we see. I promise you if you keep working at it you will see it too some day. X
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

Butterfly (11-05-21),Paula (11-05-21),Suzi (11-05-21)

Thank you both
    @Suzi: I don't know when I exactly started to feel like this. I mean I always talked myself down, even in primary school. But I think it's become this bad around 1,5 or maybe just 1 year ago. I don't know the exact reason actually.. it just was out of nowhere.

@Strugglingmum: I'm sorry that you've been feeling like this too. However I'm glad that you're getting better and I completely agree that it isn't easy but possible. Sometimes it just feels so hopeless, like I'm working towards something that will never happen anyways. I'm glad to have stuff like therapy, family and friends and also this forum. It makes the days easier.
    I just wish I had my old self back. Just happier and more carefree. By no means perfect but better xx

Sweetheart you will get to a place which is brighter. Tbh I think you are already sounding brighter than you did when you first joined us..

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Butterfly (12-05-21)

Well I think that I've "overcome" some struggles of the past year. However there's been new struggles which are equallly bad. I think the last time I truly was fully happy was summer 2019. After that everything slowly started to get worse until I hid rock bottom at the end of last year. But I'm so thankful for this forum.. I don't know where I'd be without the support of you lovely people (and my family)

So what changed for you after that summer?