Page 60 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Thread: Seeing no way out **SH Trigger**

Well done for going for a walk. Did you spot anything lovely?
    Sorry today isn't a great day, maybe try focussing on the little things during today and let tomorrow come...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Butterfly (27-04-21)

Well I live close to the fields so that's always a lovely spot to walk past xx
    I'm trying to focus on good things (no matter how small) but it's definitely a bit harder today. Feeling really upset right now sadly.

Would you like to tell us some more about how you are feeling?x
    One day at a time ....😃

What's causing you to be so sad?

I'm not sure what's the exact cause of feeling like this. It's just the general feeling of not being happy with myself and feeling like never being good enough. Like I always need to do what others have done so I'll get happier

It'll not be like this forever love. You're working hard to beat this...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Butterfly (03-05-21)

Sorry for not posting in a few days xx
    I had my therapist's appointment on Friday and it went good overall. We've been talking about lots of stuff and I took the mood diary along again. We've been talking about past experiences too thaz could've contributed to feeling like that as well. We've made the next appointment in two weeks, again Friday. Until then I should definitely keep writing my mood diary, I should've write more entries of my mood differs on a day (like, if I feel good in the morning but bad in the evening I should write down when and why it could've happened, IF something happened etc.) and so on. I talked about the OCD traits I have too, which could be a part of why I feel upset too (as I feel like it controls me often) and about the need to be like others too, something We've been talking about in the last session as well. It could be from past experiences as well and we'll keep working through that so I won't feel this need anymore.

Feeling a bit drained today and not really happy. Having a lot of bad thoughts lately and Feeling unable to switch off from that sadly xx

Butterfly, it sounds like you are working through things in a systematic way. I was just thinking about this and liken it to this image...your brain/thoughts are like a mass of different wools which have all become entangled together and need unpicking or tidying up. The therapy process takes time, we may not even consciously know why we starting thinking in a particular way. Early experiences or genetic history can have a big impact on our MH so need to be understood. Well done for undertaking this journey, give yourself time to rest when you can x
    One day at a time ....😃

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Arty For This Useful Post:

Butterfly (03-05-21)

Sounds like a great therapy session, but one that's also exhausting... Can you be kind to you today? Take time and work through things 1 at a time and remember, you didn't get this poorly overnight, it'll take a while to work through it all too....

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Butterfly (03-05-21)

@Arty: That's a great way of describing it. I definitely feel like there's a lot of stuff in my head and like it's somehow tied together but still independent stuff. For example, I don't like much about myself. I'm hugely jealous of others. I want to be someone else and feel bad when I can't do what they can do. It all affects me in a different way but yet these emotions are tied together and always come back to the same issue: I don't want to be myself or, at least, be LIKE someone else.
    I'm not sure if there's genetic history in my family though I know that my grandmother does have anxiety. Thank you xx

@Suzi: I definitely always feel off after Therapy. Like... better because I got stuff of my chest but bad because I still feel low. I did have a good meal today, sadly didn't managed to go for a walk.