Page 36 of 72 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Seeing no way out **SH Trigger**

No need to give up on your dreams at all, you're still young and you can still do this.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Butterfly (16-02-21)

It just feels so hard not to give up sometimes. It feels like all I held onto has fallen apart and I'm now drowning. I keep going for the sake of my parents but it's so hard

It is hard to keep going, but you can do this. When's your Dr's appointment?

It's on 1st March so in roughly 2 weeks. Still seems so long when every day is a huge struggle.. it's like there's no way out, no matter what path I take. I'm just longing for any sort of happy feeling

Are you looking for the big things, or looking around you for the smaller things - like a nice drink, or a warm shower or sitting in the park?

I don't know.. probably for the big things. I put so much stress on myself. I do try to focus on the small things like sunshine or a nice meal but it just doesn't make me feel anything...

Are you focussing on happiness or peace/contentment? Sometimes, when we’re proper poorly, it helps to adjust our expectations...
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I completely agree with Paula. Lovely, I think you're trying too hard...

I don't know... I think I do my best to focus on the small things, to find contentment but it just doesn't work out. Every day is such a struggle. I probably am putting myself under too much stress and expectations to manage certain things but in all honesty, I truly feel like I'll end up unhappy forever if I can't reach what I aspire. It's a bad goal...

It sounds as if you are really being hard on yourself. You aren't going to suddenly be happy love, you didn't get poorly overnight, so its going to take time to get better....