Page 28 of 72 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Seeing no way out **SH Trigger**

Definitely, he's horrible...
    Today's been okay. I had the appointment and the therapist is a lovely guy. He asked questions but also let me talk a lot about my issues. As he put it in I'm a "black-and-white-thinker" which is why I struggle a lot. I always seem to go for "everything or nothing at all" which seems pretty accurate.
    It obviously haven't helped much yet but it's good to know that people listen. I'm feeling a bit weird though, a bit on the edge like finally knowing I can be free from my issues one day but at the same time like they'll haunt me forever

Walker extraordinaire!
    I'm glad you liked your therapist....that actually is a big part of the journey, which you have only started, give yourself time.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

I'm so glad you have had your first session and that you liked him. When's your next appointment?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

The next appointment is the start of March... which is quite a while until then but he's quite booked out if I can say it like that. Again feeling a bit on the edge today but not motivated to go for a walk as its raining nonstop xx

Shame you can't have another appointment until March. You could really do with some more regular therapy. Did you mention the idea of medication with him? Have you spoken to your Dr about it yet?

Yeah I think more regular appointments would be really good too... I haven't mentioned medication to him yet though. I've also spoken to my parents about possibly addressing it and they didn't sound very pleased. They said talking therapy should do its work now and I shouldn't take meds already.
    Feeling really low and anxious today though... hoping for an okay weekend xx

With the best will in the world, hunni, your parents aren’t the ones who feel like this all the time.....
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Flo (30-01-21)

I couldn't bear for my children to be struggling as much as you are when there are things out there that could help.....

I mean they basically couldn't do much if I decide to take meds, they're worried that I become "addicted" to them and say I should try talking therapy first and that my doctor wouldn't agree to meds anyways...

I don't know why your Dr wouldn't agree!

The meds aren't as addictive in the same way as people think - things like some of the sleeping medication or diazepam are, but that's why they aren't used as a long term medication. There's so much misinformation and stigma that it makes it so much harder for people to get the help they deserve...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Butterfly (30-01-21)