Page 8 of 92 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: That sinking feeling

It can only be good that she's seeing it...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Yep. This is the first time I’ve sent her anything, partly because I never felt she was particularly interested and partly cos I didn’t want her worrying about stuff.

She’s your sister, of course she’s interested - she loves you.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Yeah she’s my sister which means I know what she’s like. She has now offered to come round after work Christmas Day and have dinner with me after I pointed out that she was my only family. I’ve got my head around being on my own now so I’ll probably leave it that way.

I really wish you would spend some time with her, I really don’t like the thought of you being alone
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

There’s only two people I want to spend time with on Christmas Day, and that’s not going to happen.

No it might not, but it doesn't mean you have to spend it with just Talia....

I think I’d prefer that this year. I’m going to treat myself to a nice Christmas dinner, and even Talia might get one. I have food and booze and a TV remote. I’ll be fine

That's your choice, but it might be a good idea not to say no definitely to your sister...

See how you feel and leave your options open...but, I know two people spending Christmas on their own and they are looking forward to it. I find Christmas quite stressful. It's because I ruined so many C. days drinking and my kids suffered as a result. I'd cancel it if I had my way. There are a lot of people who see it as just another 24 hours...