Page 7 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad episode of depression **SU Triggers**

Thanks for all your responses as always - very kind of you to take the time to respond to me.

My GP says that the Venlafaxine dosage can be increased at two week intervals. I am terrified to increase it further as the tiredness and fatigue has gotten noticeably worse with every increase. 225 mg is potentially a treatment dosage so I would like to give it a proper chance.

I will be honest - I turn 34 on Christmas Day (great timing to be born!) and have never had a proper girlfriend and not been on a date for 6 and a half years (she did not want to see me again). I don't know how I could explain my lack of history to a potential partner. I do not have fantastic social skills and I do wonder if I have autism (this has been mentioned to me three times by different medical personnel) but I do have some good friends and do not struggle to get on with people but I do worry about making an impression on a date.

I know I need to try and focus on the future and stop worrying about past regrets.

The thing that makes me feel pathetic is I have many good things in my life - a decent job which I quite enjoy for a major public sector organisation which is quite secure, I am comfortable financially, a good set of friends, my Mum loves me dearly and always supports me. Many people have nothing like this and yet are fine.

My middle child is a Christmas Eve baby! If you are concerned about an autism diagnosis, why don't you ask for an assessment?
    Comparing what you have and other people isn't helpful. Those at every place in life struggle with their mental health - those who are homeless or those who are multi billionaires. Depression and mental health illness don't discriminate...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    My stepson is a Christmas Day baby too! Give the meds time to work, if the fatigue isn't manageable then there are always options. You didn't get ill overnight and it will take you time to get better. In the meantime, you'll find lots of support here
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

I have asked for an assessment but my GP does not think it is necessary.

Thanks for all of your responses. You are a wonderful bunch of people.

I need to be a bit kinder to myself and take things one day at a time instead of worrying about work next week.

My mood is a little better tonight - I watched my football team on the internet and for once they did not lose!

I have taken a Zopiclone sleeping tablet to help me sleep and hopefully wake up feeling much better tomorrow.

it's simple really. If you aren't ready to return to work, say so. The GP will support your decision.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

Knowle (03-12-20)

How are you feeling this morning? Did you sleep better?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

How did you sleep? Why did the GP say that the ASD assessment wasn't needed?

Morning Paula and Suzi - I had my best night's sleep for several weeks due to taking 7.5 mg of Zopiclone and slept from 1 in the morning to 9:30. Unfortunately I only have six days' worth left so have to use it sparingly and also save some for when I return to work.

I do feel a little better today - still low not as bad as yesterday. I just about to get up and take the 225 mg of Venlafaxine with my breakfast.

I can't remember why the GP said she did not an Autism assessment was not necessary - I got the impression she did not think it was a big issue for me. I do not struggle to get on with people and have been told by numerous people that I am very well liked at work and have numerous friends.

Are you taking your meds at around the same time every day? That can have an impact on it.
    What are your plans for today?

Yes I take my meds late morning as I normally sleep in until quite late and then get up and have a late breakfast.

I am watching a movie this afternoon - Barry Lyndon on DVD with my Mum and I am also going to be reading some of my self help material on depression. I will also go for a walk and also need to visit the supermarket to get a few items.