Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 LastLast

Thread: Bad episode of depression **SU Triggers**

Quote Originally Posted by Flo View Post
    I've not come across Five Guys before but it all sounds great.
    Until you see the bill. Burger fries and shake is about 3 times cost of McDonalds.

And about 3 times the flavour
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

That's probably why they don't have any in Taunton!

Or here.... lol
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Mixed feelings tonight - I am glad that work is over for the week and I have a three day weekend. Feel very sad about my Dad's anniversary tomorrow 27 years. He was robbed of so much by an evil disease (like so many are every year). I am now 34 which means he was only in my life for such a small portion of it.

On the other hand, I still love him dearly and am incredibly proud of everything he achieved in his life - he was very successful in so many ways and a genuinely wonderful man.

A good friend of mine did a wonderful gesture for my Mum today which I am thrilled with.

What was the gesture? Do you want to tell us about your dad, who he was, memories you have?

The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

My lovely friend bought my Mum a beautiful bunch of roses and a gorgeous card with a lovely message as a gesture to brighten her day as she knew had the fall and sustained a nasty cut 2 and a half weeks ago.

My Dad was born in Yorkshire - married my Mum aged 25 and had two children. My bother and me.

He was a statistician by profession and loved most sports.

Was he a Forest fan too?

No - he supported Burnley (he would be delighted to see them as a Premier League team).

My family is not from Nottingham - I was actually born in Edinburgh but my family moved to Nottingham just before I turned two.

Ironically I did not like football as a little boy - my Dad was hugely disappointed that both me and my brother did not like football and would not even kick a ball around with him. I loved trains and specifically Thomas the Tank Engine as a small child. When I grew out of that I turned to Forest!