Page 45 of 55 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad episode of depression **SU Triggers**

Thanks for all of your kind responses. I have had an okay day and am feeling better than earlier.

I awoke at 4:00 this morning after 5 hours sleep and was unable to fall back to sleep to my chagrin. I did get another hours sleep after taking my first dosage of venlafaxine which has helped.

I did watch my team play but turned it off after 30 minutes as they were so hopelessly bad (they went on to lose 5-1!).

Feeling nervous about my second week back at work - I will be doing 5 hours per day. I have got a week booked off on annual leave at the end of February.

Mira
    Its easy to write those nice replies. And that's not because we are all so gifted at writing. But because its so easy to reply to a guy that's so genuine as you are. So with every nice and friendly reply you get you can give yourself some credit too!

Hunni, go with the 5 hours, but if it's too much ask if it can be put back to 4 for another week?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I could do less than 5 but this would have to come out of my own flexi time hours or annual leave. I am very lucky that I do work flexi time so I am allowed to do my 5 hours at anytime between 06:30 and 18:30 and have as long a break as necessary as I see fit.

I am feeling a bit more refreshed and ready to face the upcoming week - I will take things steady and try my best. I have learnt from what went wrong in October and if I feel like I am struggling I will ask for help from my line manager instead of letting things spiral out of control.

My mood is quite low this evening.

First time commenting on your thread but let me tell you: you're doing amazing! Going back to work can be hard but it's great that you're able to do flexi times and that they offer you as many breaks as you need... breaks are so important!
    Just as you said: take things steady. It's important to look after yourself and take one step at a time, no one expects you to be straigjt back to a full-on work mode.
    So sorry to hear that your mood is low though! You've got anything nice to distract yourself a bit? Tv show? Book? Or do you want a talk? xx

Will be thinking of you tomorrow, love
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

How are you today? It's good that you have flexi time, sorry I didn't realise that taking a break was an option. Do you generally feel better in the morning or in the afternoon? Or could you do 2 1/2 hours in each?

Thinking of you lovely. You've got this.

Had a really horrible day - my Mum has had an accident from losing her footing on the stairs and fell backwards and really banged her head which started bleeding. She has had to go the local A&E department and I cannot go with her due to covid. I am sick from worry.

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Hope it's nothing major and she's back on her feet quickly
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

Have you heard anything? I'm not surprised you're worried.. Remember head wounds bleed lots and often look much worse than they are. Have faith, the NHS is still open and they are still treating people and keeping them as safe as possible...