Page 13 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad episode of depression **SU Triggers**

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Glad that things have been sorted a bit for you lovely.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Knowle (10-12-20)

I managed to get out for a good walk earlier and that lifted my mood somewhat. The low mood is still there but to a lesser extent.

I spent an hour on the phone with a friend who is having a really tough time and listened to her. I am concerned about her and wish I could do more to help her.

I did stream the football tonight of my team (Nottingham Forest) and they lost yet again - a win would really have given me a boost but this probably is not going to come anytime soon!

Walking definitely seems to lift your mood. Have you considered joining a group that walks around your area? There’s been lots of them starting up recently as it’s known to have such a positive impact on mood

Hunni, it’s lovely you want to help your friend but but please be careful - you can’t help anyone if you burn yourself out helping others itms
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Knowle (10-12-20)

I don't know where you are based, but Paula is right there have been lots of groups start up for walking whilst distancing. There are many which have started up specifically for men too in an aid to boost them talking and their mental health. Definitely worth a google.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Knowle (10-12-20)

Walker extraordinaire!
    I love a good walk to lift the mood
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

Thanks for your responses as always - my sleep is not the best at the moment but I am lucky that tonight I can take a Zopiclone sleeping tablet which knocks me out for 7 - 8 hours.

I appreciate your suggestions of local walking groups - I am not really feeling up to meeting new people at the moment. This is something I find quite stressful.

Not feeling so great today but I am hoping things get better.

What time are you going to bed? Do you have good sleep hygiene?

I generally go to bed between midnight and 1 - I do not have good sleep hygiene but I have always been a good sleeper aided by the Mirtazapine.

The Venlafaxine is not helping my sleep - since taking it I have really weird and lucid dreams every night which can be very upsetting.

I am feeling a bit better now than earlier. There is a chance I will be back at work on Tuesday next week. There is a definite plan with work to get me back on reduced hours and more basic work to ease me back in over the course of a few weeks. I am also seeing the Occupational Health department on Monday which I am not looking forward to.

Just going to have a relaxing evening and looking forward to a Zopiclone induced sleep tonight.

Do you take Venlafaxine at night? A weird question but do you have ADHD?

Are you being open and honest with your GP about how badly you're sleeping and how often you are taking the zopi?