Thread: Bad episode of depression **SU Triggers**

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Did you think about calling your dr about splitting the dosage?
    Hi Suzi,

I have a telephone consultation penciled in with my GP for next Monday morning - I will certainly ask her then about the possibility of splitting to help with the fatigue. I had to have a lie down and nap after taking my Venlafaxine this morning despite having over 7 hours sleep. My legs really ache after just going for an hours walk which is not good for a fairly fit 33 year old man.

My mood is still low and I am still getting suicidal thoughts but not as strong as a few weeks and months ago. Through my employer I have access to a 24 hour helpline where I can speak to a trained counsellor - they have have advised me to think of such thoughts as a symptom of my depression rather than actually wanting to die.

How are you today Suzi?

You’re poorly, that always takes it out of us, including mental health illnesses. And you’re still getting used to the venlafaxine. So, while you’re off work, allow yourself to be tired, to not have the energy to go for a long walk (an hour? When I was at my worst I couldn’t manage 5 minutes!). If you had any other illness, you wouldn’t expect this of you.......
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Knowle (01-12-20),Suzi (01-12-20)