Thread: Bad episode of depression **SU Triggers**

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Walker extraordinaire!
    Hi and welcome. You're right this is a warm safe place to talk.
    You say you are just getting through each day but when you are so poorly, that's a fantastic achievement. Getting through is ok for now. You are exhausted fighting those battles in your head and you really need to rest, eat, plenty of fluids and try and get some fresh air every day, even just for 5 minutes.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

Hi, thanks so much for your lovely responses.

I have been on Venlafaxine for just over 7 weeks - two weeks on 37.5 mg, the next two weeks on 75 mg, the next three weeks on 150 mg and from this week 225 mg. My GP says it can be increased further but only under the supervision of a psychiatrist.

With regards to returning to work I would dearly love to return soon - I quite enjoy my job and going to work and making a positive contribution to a vital public service gives me a lot of job satisfaction. As I said previously I have already made the mistake of rushing back to work too quickly but I am acutely aware that I cannot wait to get up to 100% before going back.

I have had six counselling sessions which have been arranged through the Employment Assistance Program - some of it was helpful and some not so much.

I am lucky I have numerous good friends who have been very supportive - one close friend in particular has been just wonderful.