Thread: World Mental Health Day 2020

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The first post of the day by the lovely Emmie...

It's #WorldMentalHealthDay and Suzi asked each of the mods to write something about their own experiences with mental illness to make everyone feel less like they're the only one experiencing it.Well, dear reader, this is not the first time in this pandemic that I've made people feel less unusual.

The world is a weird place now, so many of us are suddenly afraid of getting ill from touching things. News reports cause so much fear. Hands are washed so often they're cracked and sore.

I understand completely. That's been my life for many years. It's debilitating. Even before the pandemic started I couldn't go on holiday, if I went around to a friend's house I'd have to force myself to sit down and fight the urge to shower when I got home.

I wish I had a positive spin in this, but I don't I just keep telling myself that this will end and then we can start doing the work to teach ourselves that usually, it's safe. But honestly, I'm scared of how much work I'll have to do. How much further I've slipped into those feelings thanks to being stuck in the house.

I'm still pushing myself, trying to notice the small ways I can challenging these thoughts. And the wins are there!

So, if you're feeling like this right now, I get it, you're definitely not alone.

Emmie

P. S. If you don't believe any of the current precautions we're asked by governments to take are necessary please keep that to yourself. Frankly I'm having a hard enough time as it is and don't want to have to spend the day hovering over the ban button!

Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (10-10-20),Paula (10-10-20),shine (12-10-20)