I've had a read through the links Paula posted. Obviously I can't diagnose myself but it's something I need to bring up with my Dr or wait for physciatrist appointment.
I do think I have suffered with an element of this for years. I have never liked my appearance. In primary school I had a nickname of the monster character on Saturday morning TV. I hated this and all my parents would say is 'ignore them' or 'sticks and stones will break your bones but names will never harm you'. So when I was tormented with name calling of 'chinny, brucy, Jimmy hill, Chinny hill' followed by people shouted phases at me like 'nice to see you to see you nice with the Bruce pose, or asking me about football etc' I couldn't bring myself to talk about this to my parents. Because there reaction to the bullying in primary school was just to ignore. I tell you I tried so hard to ignore but when growing up as a teenager and constantly every day being called names how could I ignore and not start to hate myself. I use to wish as a teenager I could have cosmetic surgery because I believed myself to be so ugly. By having an underbite I am reminded of this torment. Every time I brush my teeth or look in the mirror I just can't stand the image looking back and often wonder how it would be if it was different. I could never get a boyfriend in my teenage life and I believed I was not attractive. I still question my dh because I could never believe anyone could love me. This has been a really painful part of my life and something I find extremely painful to talk about because I have to live with this every day. I am even holding back tears now because I need to go downstairs and face my kids. I tell them often how beautiful they are. I want them to grow up to love themselves. I don't ever remember being told this growing up. I feel wrong bringing this up.
But it's something I need to face because I know I can't keep going on torturing myself.