Thread: Mike's Manse

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Knight of Spamswotting by Highest order of Chufty Badges Jarre's Avatar
    Your busy busy mike, be carefull with the tiles, in the 60 & 70's they used Marley floor tiles on the floors, these contain white asbestos (chrysolite) its only harmful if they become dust. if the adhesive is black then its a bitumen type adhesive if your going to put any new floor down its recommended to use a latex levelling compound. Glad you didn't have to do anything with teh flue, if its a none metal flue thats been there for years it is most likely a cement/asbestos based flu fine left insitu but has to be removed to special tip if changed.

Quote Originally Posted by OldMike View Post
    Whose idea it was to stick down vinyl wants poking up the ass with a pointy stick (metaphorically not in reality as that would be really stoopid) removing them was a pain combination of scraper plus heat gun for the more stubborn ones then you're left with a very stick floor if I stood still when I moved I left my slippers behind. I was imagining the news skeleton of old man found bonded to floor.

Well a combination of turps and a belt sander was needed to get rid of the glue I have some lino (vinyl flooring to put down, had it for years) or I may just varnish the boards).

Kitchen looks like a bomb hit it and dust everywhere so a lot of cleaning needed.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarre For This Useful Post:

OldMike (25-10-20)