Page 42 of 74 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: Flo'ing Along

Cats also regularly get run over by cars and locked in sheds with sharp tools cos they snuck in undetected so those nine lives can potentially get used up pretty quick.

Not always... Normally they live long and happy lives being worshipped and adored!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Hi folks....just a quick update. Back problem still not good. Naproxen didn't work. Dr phoned Hospital on Friday and asked Orthopaedic consultant if he'd see me and if I could have an MRI. They were waiting for me in A&E when I arrived. After a short while I saw a nurse who gave me a bladder scan as I can't wee properly! Anyway I saw consultant and he gave me another going over and rectal exam.....third middle finger this week!! An hour later I was wheeled down to MRI suite..the deed was done. Saw Consultant (Just call me Paul!) told me nothing sinister was going on that they could find...could be bad spasms or a bit of arthritis (?) He gave me Co-Codamol plus Diazepam to relax the muscles. Night before last I slept like a top, first uninterrupted sleep in 11 days. However now I have urine retention and emptying in dribs and drabs!! Kept me awake a lot last night I'm thinking of going to A&E today to ask for a self catheterisation thingy - had one after my V hysterectomy years ago. I'm still very wobbly on my feet. Having a chest x-Ray on Thursday, and blood tests sometime this week. It's all a damn pain...wish I had a clue what was going on. Can bad muscle spasms cause all this? Anyway, have a good day and I'll get back when I can. Lots of love to you all.xxxx

Oh hunni, I’m sorry what a nightmare. Definitely, definitely talk to/see someone ASAP about the urine retention, that can’t go on .......
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Flo you're really going through it at the moment, hope they can sort it soon
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post:

Flo (21-03-21)

I thought when you sold your body to science they would wait til you died before carrying out tests. You must feel like a white mouse at the moment.

Walker extraordinaire!
    If the muscles in your back are swollen and in spasm they can be interfering with your nerves and causing the urine retention, however I would attend A&E if you are not passing urine properly as can lead to urine infections etc.

Poor you, you are having a time of it
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

Flo (21-03-21),Stella180 (21-03-21),Suzi (21-03-21)

I also agree, you can't let this go on and need to be able to wee. Has the diazepam not helped? If not then go, you can't be wobbly on your feet either. Oh love, I'm so sorry you're struggling. You must feel like crap! Try cranberry juice too as it helps with urine infections etc....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Flo (21-03-21)

Hi guys......thanks for all your kind posts. Went to A&E waited a long time and saw another doctor who decided it wasn't a good idea to give me a thingy! All for nothing...he's convinced it's my back that's doing it, and gave me a few tips to help me to get going as it were, and so I drank loads then waited and did a few exercises and hey presto I got a result!.BUT!!! in our lean-to corridor this morning which is hard tiles, my left leg went from under me and I put my right hand out to stop myself and how I have a sprained wrist so my right hand is virtually unusable!!...I'm so f****ng sick of everything!! Fi next door gave Ian an elastic bandage which he has supported my wrist with. Oh well.....shit happens. I might not check in for a few days to give everything a chance to heal a bit. So I'll see you in a few days.xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Stella180 View Post
    I thought when you sold your body to science they would wait til you died before carrying out tests. You must feel like a white mouse at the moment.
    I haven't got anything to sell Stella!! Everything in my body is buggered by something or other!!