Thread: Flo'ing Along

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    OK then I shall spill the beans!.....I've signed up for an OU course. Many years ago when my dad was alive I started a BA in Arts and Humanities, I was doing quite well and enjoying it when he became ill and I found that trying to study and looking after him difficult...I got close to finishing Level 1 when it became impossible so I had to stop the course. I've always wondered what would have happened if I'd continued. You'll all think I'm mad but I've enrolled again for the same course. I'm under no illusion that it will be easy - Jaq, you'll know what I mean as you're doing a degree course yourself! - It's going to be a slog, and being 67 I'm questioning if I'll have the brain power, but I'll certainly have the time!! The OU have told me that they have older people than me doing degrees which is comforting!
    I haven't told anyone else for fear of being ridiculed...a lot of people will think I'm mad. I've got my text books which are lovely and in a nervous/excited way I'm looking forward to it. I guess I have something to prove after all of those years of drinking and missing out on that 'something' which would make my parents and myself proud...I had potential at school but messed around. So before I leave this earth I'm going to give it a damn good go. I need encouragement, confidence and a push, so maybe you guys can throw me some confidence along the way.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Flo For This Useful Post: