Page 54 of 108 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunshine after the rain

They released numbers of people waiting on a test here today and they said that there are 70,000 people waiting on a test. We only have a population of just over 5 million, so I think it's dreadful for all those waiting.

Mira
    Its suprising how different countries do things different with regards with what we can do and can not do. Here they are working at full capacity. All the driving schools. And in the first wave all the hairdressers had to close and in the way worse second wave they are open.

Sounds like you had a good day. I am always happy when I see you are doing ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Strugglingmum View Post
    Io has bought a car but hasn't got her test yet. There have been no tests since lockdown. When they did open them up again they were only for those who were deemed essential workers so she cant get one yet. My eldest drives and has a car but C doesn't drive. He wants to learn but again, driving instructors aren't working full capacity here yet.... in fact not at all at the moment.
    So mums taxi is in great use.
    Ahh, that explains it! Thanks... Poor Mum though!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Walker extraordinaire!
    Another busy day. Up at 6 to get Io to work, came home and went back to bed at 7:30. Slept again till 9:30. Had a zoom class this morning and then went for a swim. Did 100 lengths today. Had a bit of time to kill until io finished work and then we came home, made dinner. Now have feet up and am not moving again tonight.
    My lovely Katie is happily snuggled up with me. Might manage a bit of knitting but I'm not sure if I can be bothered. My head has been whirring all day trying to process thoughts so I'm a bit tired.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

So rest up tonight. Knitting will still be there tomorrow.

A hundred lengths?!!!!....what are you on? Cos I want some! Give your brain a rest and chill out tonight.

Mira
    Seems to me that you deserve a rest. You are doing so well.

Quote Originally Posted by Flo View Post
    A hundred lengths?!!!!....what are you on? Cos I want some!
    Me too. I don’t think I’ve managed a total of 100 lengths in my life never mind a single session.

100 lengths? Is that a good idea pushing yourself that much? Have you been eating and drinking properly? Hunni, are you pushing that much almost as a way of punishing yourself?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Walker extraordinaire!
    I love swimming. It brings me peace. The longer I swim the longer the period of peace. It silences my thoughts for a while.
    Anyway, I've done nothing all night only watched a bit of telly. I'm heading to bed soon as I have to be up at 6am to take Io to work.
    I'm eating ok. I haven't lost any weight in few weeks so that's good.
    I'm not swimming tomorrow.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.