Thread: Sunshine after the rain

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    You're not alone in that one... Can I share something with you? I had a long conversation with the SENCO at F's school today - they are finally going to help! - and F is more than capable of doing 3 sciences or 2 languages or classics, or any other academic subjects at A Level, but her heart is lying with DT - Product design, art and photography. Her SENCO actually said the same as what we've been saying to her. You need to focus on the here and now, but in the future you need to follow your passions. That's the most important thing. The same can be said for all of us.
    I don't have a job, but this is my work, my writing and volunteering for shout. This is me "working" and actually I may not be contributing in the traditional way I know that this place has helped SO many people and is a force to be reckoned with. I'm f*ing proud of what we do here and what has come together, but I also know there is no way I could do it alone. You are part of that.
    What will be in the future will be. I'm not trying to brush how you are feeling under the carpet or trivialise it in any way, shape or form, but none of us know what the next minute is going to bring, let alone 5 years in the future ( I fell for that in 2015.... it turns out I was very wrong lol ) so lovely, a bit of advice from me to you... Stop. Breathe. Practise some mindfulness, because although it sounds like hippy nonsense it's bloody brilliant. Being "present" and "in the moment" is a fantastic skill and something that everyone should learn.... Breathe....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Flo (23-10-20),Paula (22-10-20)