Thread: Is this a relapse

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    My gp referred me to neurologist in 2017. They replied saying they won't see me until I have tried everything. In February I went to my gp. She said to increase the dose one more time of the medication I was on then. If that doesn't work then she will refer me. Then covid happened so no chance of a referral. I have been asking my gp since then and they keep saying no point at the moment because I will be waiting a least a year. One go wrote me a letter for me to self refer to private. I've booked an appointment at end of August but it's £250. I booked it will the hope I can then be transferred to NHS. But part of me is asking should I be seeing a physciatrist instead. I really don't know. The MRI is on NHS so will see what that says then I shall decide.
    I've got to the stage that I dread going to bed because I struggle with sleep but then I hate waking up because I don't want to face the day.

The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.