Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
No, no, no. I told you on another thread that I have been told, by a psychiatrist, that my illness is purely due to family history and not because of any difficulties in my life. Are you saying you know better than a medical professional?
I dont know better than professional, i always say seek help where you can. I do believe that it is possible the overcome a mental illness in different ways, for example my granddad, mother and father and sister also suffered mental health issues like me. I am saying that it doesnt define who you are, i am saying that just because your granddad had it it doesnt mean you have to accept it and leave it there. My sister was really mentally ill, she works as a hairdresser now and has many qualifications. I was mentally ill and i dont hear voices so much again despite taking 7 mgs of olanzapine. I had 6 symptoms for a good 5 years, simply because i trusted in the meds and didnt fight the "illness". I have conquered all my symptoms apart from 2 overthinking and hear voices. The hearing voices has gone on half the dosage i originally took. Overthinking has completely gone. I had schizophrenia, psychosis, and mental turrets, and change in personality, all at the same time, and i struggled to get a good nights sleep for months because of it and i was unfit to work. The tablets made no effect for years. The doctor kept changing the dosage and the type of health mental medication. Things were so bad i had a mental health team for almost 4 years and was admitted to a mental health ward on close watch. I do believe (Partly) that will power got me out of that and really making sense of things in my mind. I am not saying do not listen to the doctor, what i am saying is explore options and try different things, and believe in yourself. I am not saying anything more or less than what i did myself.