Thread: Joshua, The Overcomer *SU TRIGGERS*

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    No, no, no. I told you on another thread that I have been told, by a psychiatrist, that my illness is purely due to family history and not because of any difficulties in my life. Are you saying you know better than a medical professional?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Prycejosh1987
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    No, no, no. I told you on another thread that I have been told, by a psychiatrist, that my illness is purely due to family history and not because of any difficulties in my life. Are you saying you know better than a medical professional?
    I dont know better than professional, i always say seek help where you can. I do believe that it is possible the overcome a mental illness in different ways, for example my granddad, mother and father and sister also suffered mental health issues like me. I am saying that it doesnt define who you are, i am saying that just because your granddad had it it doesnt mean you have to accept it and leave it there. My sister was really mentally ill, she works as a hairdresser now and has many qualifications. I was mentally ill and i dont hear voices so much again despite taking 7 mgs of olanzapine. I had 6 symptoms for a good 5 years, simply because i trusted in the meds and didnt fight the "illness". I have conquered all my symptoms apart from 2 overthinking and hear voices. The hearing voices has gone on half the dosage i originally took. Overthinking has completely gone. I had schizophrenia, psychosis, and mental turrets, and change in personality, all at the same time, and i struggled to get a good nights sleep for months because of it and i was unfit to work. The tablets made no effect for years. The doctor kept changing the dosage and the type of health mental medication. Things were so bad i had a mental health team for almost 4 years and was admitted to a mental health ward on close watch. I do believe (Partly) that will power got me out of that and really making sense of things in my mind. I am not saying do not listen to the doctor, what i am saying is explore options and try different things, and believe in yourself. I am not saying anything more or less than what i did myself.