Page 54 of 101 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: Chink of light in the darkness

The headache is a dull one this morning. And I stupidly took my lithium so couldn’t have my blood test - I’ve got another appt on Monday at 8.30.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Oh bugger! Can you set a reminder not to take it?
    Glad the headache is easier, but still keep an eye on it?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I’ll move the lithium out of my morning box.

I’ve spoken to the neurologist. He’s got the medical team at the hospital to agree to call me Monday to make an appointment to have another lumbar puncture - he wants to know my pressures before changing the meds. Of course, he’s told me to go up to a&e if things get worse over the weekend.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I’ve got an appt 8.30 Monday

Is that the appointment for the LP?

Another lumber puncture!? Ah mate that sucks. There’s not a single thing about any of this that I like. Well maybe how strong you are dealing with all this. I know I’d be a complete wreck.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Is that the appointment for the LP?
    Yep and they’re going to do my lithium bloods too, so I don’t have to worry about that.

Stella, I don’t like this either, and Si is even more ed off. But it is what it is and at least I’m getting awesome care, with a neurologist who is very proactive. It could be a lot worse

How do you feel about another LP when you aren't fully recovered yet from the last one.... Is Si worried?

I don’t like it but I’m struggling and the doctor won’t change my meds until he knows for sure what my pressures are doing. Si is concerned that we seem to be flailing in the dark but that is the nature of this condition, because no one really knows what causes it

I can see Si's pov, but your neuro seems to be doing what is best. Changing meds without knowing what's going on seems like flailing to me, at least this way - although it's really horrible for you - you/they know what they are dealing with....