Page 22 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: Building a new life

That's ridiculous of her!

Glad everyone had a great time lovely.
    Hope you're resting now?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

How are you feeling?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Tired and overwhelmed. Not having a great day but we've come out for a picnic and it's lovely and peaceful. Can't hear any traffic, just birds, bees and crickets.
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

Stella180 (26-06-20)

Wanna talk about it? What's overwhelming you love? Is it just you and J or plus little people?

Little people. J thinks it's because I'm pretty much a new parent and all new parents get overwhelmed at times. It doesn't help that I'm tired and too hot and achey

Have your meds arrived yet? Hunni, you're dealing with a lot right now and yes you are a new parent, but you're not only learning on the job, you're having to share and know that they aren't being looked after or have the same ground rules etc when they aren't with you. Along with your own issues around children. You've just worked for several days whilst also keeping on with all the housework, home learning and everything else when you haven't had your meds and this heatwave has screwed my system, so I'm sure it's similar with yours...

Suzi’s absolutely right, you know. You need to give yourself a break sometimes, and maybe that sometimes means not being superwoman (I’m sure no one would have minded if you’d bought in a few more things for the party, for instance - and if they do, refer them to me and I’ll tell them what I think of that). You seem to be trying to prove yourself, lovely, and you so do not need to do that - you’re awesome, just as you are
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Stella180 (26-06-20),Suzi (26-06-20)

Annoyingly, as always, she's right you know....

Jaq, give yourself a break mate. In your shoes I would have sat back out of the way and let everyone else get on with it cos there is no way I could cope. You are such a special person and no one wants to see you push yourself to breaking point.

Having a couple of days were my body feels like lead and like I'm wading through treacle. I'm back on my meds but it's been a bloody struggle this weekend. A has been absolutely vile, fatigue absolutely hammered me yesterday but apparently I needed to get on with it to make the children think everything was normal so had to push myself to go for a walk around the village, and J has insisted on making me talk about what was bothering me and ended up making me feel uncomfortable as I could see T watching to see what was going on. Glad I'm home alone today. I've hoovered right through downstairs and cleaned Toby's litter tray as it made me feel better, mentally at least. My plan for the rest of the day is finish my book. I don't have much left for a great deal more really!