Page 56 of 150 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast

Thread: When is it gonna be my turn?

Yeah. The person who said it! She is a sensitive soul and also easily manipulated. She was part of the problem at the weekend, and now this. She hadn’t got a clue just how offensive her request was. I came to bed early and stayed away from fb and messenger. Her puppet master, who is not a friend has tried messaging me so I’ve ignored and blocked him. They can play all the games they like but I wanna stay away from it all.

hopefully it'll look differently in the morning...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Determined to make myself feel better today. Started with a nice long soak in the bath while listening to the birds. Have got a grocery delivery a little later so just gonna potter around until that arrives. Still need to sort out all the clothes that need to be thrown out. Need to be ruthless in that task and need to have my bedroom cleared before my new mattress arrives on the 20th. I took advance of a sale and saved over £250! Not sure how I’m going to dispose of the old one unless the tip is open again by then but I sure as hell wasn't paying £35 to the delivery guy to take it. Something else to get chucked it the back garden awaiting disposal.

I’ve decided not to go back to Aspie straight away when it reopens. Since lockdown things have become strained to say the least with some members and staff. Need some time to get my head back on straight. I’m so annoyed that someone who doesn’t even attend has been allowed to get his feet under the table and cause so much disruption. I figured out last night that of all the 40+ regular attendees I only really get on well with 3 of them. I had big plans for stuff we could do to entertain and raise funds for the group but now I cba cos nobody seems to give a toss.

Is it not worth putting up with the 37 to keep in touch with the 3?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I can do that anywhere.

But Aspie had such a positive influence on you love. Don't make a decision in haste that you may regret later....

It’s also having a negative affect right now. So much drama going on and I got dragged into it at the weekend! I need to distance myself from it all at least temporarily.

The real issue with virtual communication is that we don’t have body language or tone of voice to properly communicate and sometimes things come across wrong. You found your tribe, love, please don’t burn any bridges .....
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Paula is totally spot on... Don't burn these bridges love. It's taken you a while to find your tribe, don't push them all away now.

I’m not pushing anyone away. I’m just taking some time away from it all.