Page 55 of 150 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast

Thread: When is it gonna be my turn?

What’s the football card?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Yeh...what's a football card? How are you feeling today? Are you still cuddled up with pooch?

A football card had a bunch of team names on and you take your pick. When it’s completed you scratch off the panel to reveal the winning team.

So far today the furthest I’ve gone is to the toilet. Talia has been out doing a bit of sunbathing but not for long as she is now curled up next to me snoring her head off!

What's causing the IBS flare?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Stress. As you said not so long ago I’m pretty much walking an emotional tight rope and it can lead to a meltdown at any moment. It’s hard trying to keep my balance and get to the other side cos stopping halfway isn’t an option.

The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

And people say that I’m tactless!!! Yet I’m supposed to just roll over and take all the thoughtless crap that is dished out to me. Ignorance is not a suitable defence as I’m often reminded. I dunno, maybe I’m being paid back for all the times I’ve messed up but whatever I’m stuck in a situation where I can’t win. I can take it and stay quiet at my own detriment or I speak up for myself and everyone hates me for picking on a “vulnerable person”. So I do what I have to do cos it’s who I am. I stand up for myself and it’s only a matter of time until I get the backlash from it. Another bridge burned.

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    What's happened???
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

Probably sounds petty but the chat group I set up that has now been superseded by an “official” chat...I’ve just been asked to “delete the group because it’s confusing”. I feel like someone somewhere has the emotional equivalent of a voodoo doll they are constantly sticking needles into. Like I’m completely surplus to requirements and all the things that have given me a purpose in my life are being taken away from me bit by bit.

Have you told anyone that this is how it's making you feel?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!