Page 34 of 150 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast

Thread: When is it gonna be my turn?

Lol!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Had to book an appointment to collect Talia’s meds. Vet only letting one person in at a time. The system at pets at home was very similar to visiting a prisoner. Halfords have moved the counter to the front door so no one can go inside to browse. Tesco has a one was system (which is being ignored), the tape that cordens off the queueing system outside as flapping everywhere and causing a trip hazard and there is a severe lack of common sense shown at the tills for example, the plastic screens are up directly in front of the cashier but customers have to stand to the sideof it/ end of packing area to pack shopping so what exactly is the point? Nobody has a clue what they are doing out there and after several weeks of this still people are running around like headless chickens and have no idea what is going on or how to go about their business safely.

At least places are trying.....

Yes they are but it’s so clear that little to no real guidance is being given to retailers and businesses that remain open during this difficult time. They’re all just winging it and hoping for the best. I’ve not having a go, I’m just saying that with no clear and uniform way of working it must be so scary for workers and customers alike cos what is deemed safe practice in one store is seen as high risk to another. I know these changes were brought on us all of a sudden but why are manages not looking at the processes in place and making chances to improve their practices? Why haven’t government ministers giving better guidelines and working practices to look after both the staff putting themselves at risk day in and day out, and to help these businesses to make it work for them cos what I’m seeing is lost revenue and higher staffing costs and difficult customer experience. Everybody is losing out.

Anyway never mind all that. Tonight Talia and I dined on yellow label cuisine tonight, steak (half price), Jacket spud, mushrooms (75% off) and peas. She can forget about having steak on a regular basis though cos this was a treat for both of us and why I bloody love the reduced shelves.

Lol lucky Talia!

Did you sleep last night? It's good that you ate last night, are you taking better self care?

Woke up about 6.30. Postman has just been with a special delivery. My replacement/upgraded iPad I won on EBay arrived so something else to play with today. Yesterday was actually a good day and self care was fine. Some days it’s a real struggle to even get out of bed but we all know what that’s like. Had a really weird dream last night about giving birth to twin girls. Probably best not to think too much about that. Need to attempt to put doggy moisturiser on Talia’s paws. That’s going to be fun.

What’s up with her paws?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

EJ
    I hope your day goes well Stella xx

Cheers EJ.

Paula her pads are dry and rough so invested in some oatmeal butter to see if it will help.

Aww she's getting a spa treatment day!