Thread: Loved ones and mental illness?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuego853
    Things like, what if he hurts me, what if I hurt him, what if thoughts. Sometimes I think I would feel better alone, but then I remember he is my bestfriend and my soulmate. Also, I cant be the best version of myself because of the pain I feel most of the time. I would be better without jealousy, sadness and all of that depression bringed to me. I talked to him, he understands, but everyone has their point where person can decide, ok, it is enough, I will find other girlfriend, happy and not anxious and girl who will behave as regular girlfriend in mid 20s. I talked about all my thoughts and he said he could not ever leave me. But I dont know why that statement isn’t enough for me

Part of the wedding service in the UK includes the words ‘in sickness and in health’. My husband has shown to me over the years what exactly that means - and he has told me over and over, when I’ve said the same things as you, that he loves me as I am, in the good and the bad, that my illness does not define me or defines the love he has for me
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.